My blog has a new home!!

I've found a new home for my blog and photos! I hope you'll pop over and take a look here Picsie Chick. The site is still in the building stages, with all of the same great pictures, and many new features to come. I'd love to know what you think of it. See you there! ~T~

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Layers


Layers, originally uploaded by picsie.chick.

It happened the other night. A typical wander to the washroom in the middle of my night's sleep, nothing unusual there. In a startled half-glance, I saw a huge man sitting on my couch with a box on his lap. I finished the turn of my head, blinked, and looked again.

Nothing but a tangle of blanket and cushions in an vaguely fat-man shape. All is just as it should be.

And then a thought. What if he really is there? What if all those times when I think I see someone - in the dark, in the clouds, in a flower, in the random pattern of the flooring (it happens to me a LOT) - what if those really are glimpses into some other place?

Could the world be layers upon layers of happenings coinciding without co-mingling? Could that out-of-focus, sleep induced, tiny moment that happens without warning, really be a veil slipping out of place? What does it take to keep them out of place a little longer? What would happen if we did that? Who holds those many veils in place, obscuring that which we are not to see? Is it all in our best interest - a means of having an ordered and predictable world?

Or are we all just fooling ourselves?

~T~

orchid1106-2101

5 comments:

Dave Doolin said...

Keep going.

Sorrow said...

When we think he is NOT there, thats when we are fooling ourselves~
keep looking...


.
How a about your word Verification?
"tingshaa"
I hear a bell some where ringing...

Fire Byrd said...

I like this use of your words here.
And I love this photo.
Journeys even into the unknown are always worth taking.
xx

Picsie Chick said...

Dave, thank you for stopping by! I will...and I have no idea where I'll end up!!

Sorrow, yes, I'm beginning to think more and more that this is true. tingshaaa, indeed! :-)

Fire Byrd, thank you for always being so supportive and open. I appreciate your comments on many levels, and I'm honoured that you like hearing "my" voice.

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

Trish said...

I see things that are apparently “not there’ all the time! Sometimes I am glad that I ‘didn’t really see it’ and sometimes I am sad! xo