My blog has a new home!!

I've found a new home for my blog and photos! I hope you'll pop over and take a look here Picsie Chick. The site is still in the building stages, with all of the same great pictures, and many new features to come. I'd love to know what you think of it. See you there! ~T~

Sunday, May 16, 2010

It Holds Me.... Hostage


It Holds Me.... Hostage, originally uploaded by picsie.chick.

Inward.

We need to look there.

Find the tender bits.
Poke.
Ask.
Try to understand
(try to remember).

It's obvious,
the broken-ness,
it's there
it lives
it breathes
it holds me hostage
(but only sometimes)

and I ask myself

do I really want to know?

If the forgetting is there
to protect me,
is it not best
to let it keep protecting me?

If I keep looking
it feels like
it will pull me in
suck me into its vortex
into the darkness
(and maybe a revelation

but maybe not)

and suddenly,
not gradually like it began,
the moon moves past new,
and my focus turns outward.

We need to look there,
inward

but only sometimes

duchess1128-3916

2 comments:

Ed Pilolla said...

awesome. yeah, the brokenness is there, and i love the moon symbol moving across and illuminating the moment. really great. yeah, the brokenness is always there, as is our desire to move past it.

Picsie Chick said...

Ed, I'm sending you some butterflies to help you move away from your broken-ness. I'm sorry you have it, too. It seems like it should not be, yet it makes us who we are.

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~