My blog has a new home!!

I've found a new home for my blog and photos! I hope you'll pop over and take a look here Picsie Chick. The site is still in the building stages, with all of the same great pictures, and many new features to come. I'd love to know what you think of it. See you there! ~T~

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Where do you find your mirth?

It's a journey. Step after step in a not-quite-straight line. Some days it's sailing a river, it's so fluid. And some days we trip, or the trail is straight-up steep. And some days a beautiful distraction comes along.

While pondering the difficulty of knowing the sacred and living the mundane, of understanding that both must co-exist - "Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water.", and thinking this is just the topic for tonight's post....

I was fancifully distracted. It made for the perfect evening.

First the walk home in stormy wind, under the heaviness of black clouds, buoyed by irrepressible sunshine. Yes, one of those days full of contradiction and juxtaposition. Just. Like. Me. I'm home.

And then my fabulous new sisters and brothers of the order of blogging bantered and did what new friends do. Had some fun. Got to know each other. Got deeper into friendship.

Not digging deeper. No. More like gently sinking into a cloud of marshmallows.

Fun. Whimsical. It has to be so. It's what pulls the weight from one's heart, leaving only the light. And the feather.

Enjoy some whimsy. Melt into some mirth. Live your heart in every way.

And then tell me about it. What fun did you have today?

Hugs and butterflies!

duckhouse1117-2916

No comments: