My blog has a new home!!

I've found a new home for my blog and photos! I hope you'll pop over and take a look here Picsie Chick. The site is still in the building stages, with all of the same great pictures, and many new features to come. I'd love to know what you think of it. See you there! ~T~

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Leads to clarity


Leads to clarity, originally uploaded by picsie.chick.

How is it that feelings
can be so prickly
even when we can't define them?

Where does that sudden onslaught
of emotionality
actually
come from?

When a completely physical sensation
- not necessarily an unpleasant one -
brings an unexpected surge of emotion

I am blindsided
and prickled
and confused

I search, I seek
I question
and yet,
no answer reveals itself
no ready-made solution of words
rises to consciousness

and my helplessness is palpable

normally it's my words, however stumbling,
that define me.

and if my words can't describe it
can't bring meaning to it,
what is its purpose?
what can be learned from it?

how can I find beauty
within this upheaval?

yes, I believe that there is beauty everywhere
and on days when it is hiding
behind drama and mood
and emotions
I have to breathe it in all the fuller
ready myself for the step off the precipice
and have faith that this transformation
leads to clarity
however painful

magnolia1121-3217

6 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

So which came first here, the prickly words or the picture.
And since knowing how serene and beautiful the outside of the flower is I think you should take your lesson from it! And like the flower just be a juxtapostion of calm and prickly, beauty and well whatever emotion fits here right now.
xx

John Davies said...

It takes faith to reach out and grab the truly prickly and hold it close to your heart. I have, and have been rewarded time and again. Your words inspire. PLEASE keep them flowing.

Picsie Chick said...

Hi, M! The emotionality came first, and my inability to define it made it that much more prickly. And you've seen right through my thought process on choosing the photo to go with it.

Even though these crazy emotions come up that I can't name and can't define, that feel overwhelming and neither good nor bad (just not very comfortable), I am choosing to surround them in beauty and calm to make them my own - a part of me. Perhaps one day they will be clear to me, but maybe their only lesson is one of accepting the mysterious with open arms.

Thank you for all of our love and attenion, dear one!
Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

Picsie Chick said...

Hi, John!

I agree. Seems like every day there is a new leap of faith, and a new fear to work through, and a new reward. There isn't anything I'd rather be doing than growing this....than keeping these words and pictures coming day upon day.

Thank you for helping to make that possible!

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

Siddhartha Herdegen said...

That’s an amazing picture. Where did you find such a gorgeous flower?

Picsie Chick said...

Why, thank you, Siddhartha!

It's a Magnolia, with the flower just at that point of violently casting off its pollen.

And I'm pretty sure this is from the tree down the street and around the corner from my house. :-)

In my mind, I live in paradise. YMMV

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~